This is a classic in our family. It's relatively easy, delicious, and will feed you for days!
1 chopped onion
3-4 cloves minced garlic
1 Lb stewing beef
3 cans stewed tomatoes
3 cans water
8-10 beef bullion cubes
10 carrots bias sliced
5 potatoes, chopped
1 bag frozen beans
1 bag frozen corn
1 bag frozen peas
about 2 tbs celery seed
salt and pepper to taste
Sautee the chopped onion, garlic and stewing beef until cooked through. Add the stewed tomatoes, bullion and water. Let simmer for about an hour. Add carrots, potatoes, bens, corn, peas, celery seed and salt and pepper. Let simmer for about another hour. Serve with buttered french bread

3 comments:
Mmmm...I love Daddy's beef stew. And I agree with you...is this the Erika and Katie blog? We should just rename it "Dunn Girls in the kitchen." Happy Thanksgiving!
Seriously! haha
Mmmm, I made this tonight. Also, I added some garlic powder, a little oregano, a pinch of cayenne to the seasoning and it's really good.
Post a Comment