9.1.09

Ratatouille



I've never made this, but I want to try!

Ratatouille

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 small bay leaf
1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into thin slices
1 red bell pepper, cut into slivers
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper

Over medium-low heat, add the oil to a large skillet with the onion, garlic, and bay leaf, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened. Add the eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the eggplant has softened. Stir in the zucchini, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and salt, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the basil and a few grinds of pepper to taste.

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Thanks for the last 3 vegetarian posts! My husband is vegetarian so I am always looks for meatless meals!

Erika Sullivan said...

I remember making Ratatouille on my mission, so that little french mouse is near and dear to my heart. It's really good with rice or couscous, and you can make it with fish or vegetarian. Thanks for the other recipes, by the way.

Kate said...

I made it, and it was delicious!