24.7.08

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

If you like chocolate peanut butter bars, this is the recipe for you! My friend Jenna brought me dinner after I had my first child, and this was the dessert. They were so good that I've been making them since, but only if I know I can share them. They are super fattening and super good!

2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, divided
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups (12-oz. package) semi-sweet mini morsels, divided
Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. With hands or wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup morsels. Press evenly into greased 13x9 pan. Smooth top with spatula. Melt remaining peanut butter and remaining morsels in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Spread over graham cracker crust in pan. Chill for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars; store in refrigerator.

No comments: