1/2 c. quick cooking oats
2/3 c. boiling water
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. melted butter or marg
1 egg, lightly beaten
2/3 c + 2Tbsp all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pkg chocolate chips semi or milk ( I like to use half of each)
In large bowl, pour boiling water over oats. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and butter, mix in egg. In a seperate bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to batter, mix well. Stir in vanilla and half of the chocolate chips. Grease and flour a cupcake tin, I like the large ones the best. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining chocolate chips. bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes our clean. I like to wrap some in saran wrap and freeze them for later. Great for a grab and go breakfast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YUMM!! I just made these!! thanks for the recipe!! SOO easy!
Post a Comment