Another one from "Cooking Light." Really good, and vegetarian.
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 tsp. chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Cooking spray
1 cup taco sauce (such as Ortega)
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Arrange 3 tortillas in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread half of cheese mixture over tortillas. Repeat procedure with 3 tortillas and remaining cheese mixture; top with 3 tortillas.
3. Pour taco sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 4 servings.
CALORIES 299 (18% from fat); FAT 6g (sat 2.8g, mono 1.7 g, poly 0.9 g); PROTEIN 19.1 g; CARB 42.3 g; FIBER 4.3 g; CHOL 15mg; IRON 1.4 mg; SODIUM 1029 mg; CALC 332mg
6.10.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay for vegetarian! My husband is one, so that is the way that I cook! Do you mind if I put this on my vegetarian blogspot? I'm a friend of Dallas' from high school.
Leesha Jones
I made this tonight and it was great! My whole family liked it, 3 year old included! Thanks!
Post a Comment