15.10.08

yummy bread pudding

via picky palate While on our cruise I had the best bread pudding ever... this is the first that has even come close!! instead of chocolate chips use white chocolate... PURE HEAVEN!!!

1 lb loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips(I use white chocolate)
1 1/3 Cups 1% low fat milk
3 large eggs
½ Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
Pinch of salt
½ Cup powdered sugar
2 ½ Tablespoons 1% low fat milk
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place bread cubes and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl.
In a medium bowl whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and salt.
Pour over bread cubes. Stir to combine.

2. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon bread pudding mixture evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of pudding. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.

3. In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and syrup until well combined. Drizzle over bread pudding and serve warm. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These look amazing, I am going to make them tonight and I would love to be added, utahmonks@msn.com or utahmonks.blogspot.com Thanks

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Thanks for some fantastic recipes. I just found your blog and am very excited to try several of them. This one especially--my husband and I visited a bed and breakfast recently and had some great bread pudding and I've been trying to find good recipes since.