4-5 cans Great White Northern beans DO NOT DRAIN
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic cut up small
1 can green chilies (7 oz, chopped)
4-5 chicken breasts shredded
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
3 cans chicken broth
1 c sour cream
1 c Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
Saute onions and chopped garlic with a little EVOO. Boil chicken breasts in chicken broth until fully cooked. Remove chicken. Add onions and garlic into still boiling broth. Then add chilies, cumin, oregano, and beans (UNDRAINED). Simmer for 1 hour. During that time, shred the chicken. Just before serving, add shredded chicken back into pot, as well as the shredded cheese and sour cream.

Top with chips, shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, and sour cream.

5 comments:
YUM that looks good!
We made this for a group of friends and they all wanted the recipe. Thanks!
I made this tonight, and it is really good. Also, I didn't want to buy chicken stock, so I just threw some chicken buillion in the water when I cooked my chicken, and used that for the stock. It was great!
Thanks's this was SOO yummy I loved it! Even better the next day! Thanks :)
Between the cans of broth and beans, that's a heck of a lot of sodium ... are you sure about not draining the beans? have you tried it drained? I can't have a lot of salt is why i ask.
Post a Comment